Friday, May 16, 2014

Achieving Your Dreams & Goals

We have to make it through the hard times of our pasts to achieve our dreams and goals. As much as we may not believe it, life only serves us what we can handle. You may think that it is more than you handle at the time, but we always make it through, don't we?!? The hand you are dealt, the plate you are served, really is nothing more than you can handle. It is always an obstacle to achieving your dreams and goals, but something you must do in order to get to the end goal.

I know for a fact how hard life can be. I've been dealt some pretty yucky hands in my time and I haven't been here all that long. But I also know that each one of those hands had a lesson that I needed to learn. Some of those hands I've been dealt more than once because I didn't learn the lesson properly the first time around. But once I realized the lesson to be learned, you can bet I learned it, applied it to the situation and did my best to move on. And the more lessons you learn, the better the future you are providing for yourself, your family and those around you is that much better.

Sometimes the lessons are cut and dry, others you have to continue to struggle before you find out what the lesson really is. I know for me, there are some lessons that it took me a while to learn, like learning how to trust the right person. I'm a very caring person and have a hard not helping someone out. But in my efforts to help others, I've been taught lessons in the process, mainly that these people are only using me. And for me, this has always been a hard lesson to learn. Some people I have a very hard time trusting because I know right from the beginning I'm being used. Other people I can't tell, until the person is basically done with me and just disappears from my life when I was counting on that person to be there. But these lessons are all a part of the learning process to help us become who we need to be to really achieve our dreams and goals.


This song I heard while questioning my path one day. It just confirmed that I'm in the right place at the right time. We all always are in the right place at the right time. Have you ever questioned why you got all the green lights one day while going to work, then the next day you got all the red lights?!? Yes it could be an issue of your timing, but it is also divine timing saving you from something, possibly an accident or trying to teach you patience. Patience is the biggest lesson we all struggle with. We live in a world of instant gratification and not having something we want right now just makes us even more impatient. So the universe works harder day in and day out to teach us the lesson of patience. Then when we finally learn that lesson, we open up our flow to open more and more doors for us. And in order to achieve our dreams and goals, we must learn the valuable lesson of patience. Nothing worth having comes easily. And the same goes for our dreams. We can continue to dream and make the dream bigger and bigger each day. Add more details, and none of that is going to appear overnight. So we need the valuable lesson of patience even more.

Now that you've figured out the hand you've been dealt, learned the lessons that needed to be learned, especially patience, it's time to really go for those dreams and goals! The only thing standing in your way now is YOU. Use your obstacles as stepping stones to get to the next one and pretty soon, you'll be achieving your dreams and goals even faster than you believe is possible!! This is the path I am on and it's pretty darn amazing!! There are days that I never thought I'd be here, but I'm here and I'm loving it and I love life!! So get out there and live it! Live the best life possible and achieve your dreams and goals as the best person you can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment