Thursday, May 1, 2014

Book Review: Within: A Spiritual Awakening to Love & Weight Loss

The book Within: A Spiritual Awakening to Love & Weight Loss by Dr. Habib Sadeghi is an absolutely amazing book! Dr. Sadeghi applied his principles to his own life before writing this book, so he knows that it works and that is my kind of book. I absolutely recommend that everyone on this journey read this book. The majority of this book has nothing to do with weight loss, but more about love.

I know that each and every person does the best they can with what they have right now. But not everyone understands that completely in the moment. While we are growing up, our parents try to love us and treat us the way they were treated growing up as children because that's all they know. For so many people, change is not easy. And changing something from what you think you know to what you think it should be, is not always easy, but it can be done. I know it has been done. I know I am a prime example of this. I never heard the words "I love you" growing up. I still don't hear it now. My parents only say it to us if one of us kids say it first. Your parents are who teach you your values in life. And not hearing the words "I love you" does a lot to a kid. The child has a very hard time determining what love is. I know I used to. I don't anymore. I know exactly what real love is and what I want in my life. But I had to start with loving myself first. Reading Dr. Sadeghi's book, really hit home so many different principles that I have been learning to include in my life today that weren't taught to me as I was growing up because my parents didn't include it. But my children will have this love and it will be shown to them on a regular basis. I want my children to know what real love is from day 1, not have to learn it themselves 25 years down the road, when it's so much harder to learn.

Dr. Sadeghi has healed himself from cancer and includes this in his book about how he overcame it. It really is that simple, that learning how to love yourself unconditionally can change life and help you heal so many things with your life. All of our cells remember exactly what we teach them. If we teach them love and happiness, that love and happiness will show up in our daily lives. Watch your world change with the principles taught in this book.

There are also some real life statistics in this book as well that will help open your eyes to what is really happening in this world. Our world is changing because everyone wants a quick fix right now, instead of using what can work to fully heal us for good and make the world a better place. 

This is a really great read and I'm sure one I'll go back to again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment