Saturday, May 10, 2014

Full Moon Rituals


I get asked every so often to share my full moon rituals. So I thought I would share my list of things I do for most full moons. There are times I don't feel it is necessary to do something for the full moon because of where I am personally in my life. You can do all of these rituals, just pick and choose what you want to do, or not do any of them because they simply do not resonate with you.

  • Make a list of all of the things you are looking to release from your life. I always make this list in present tense sentence form, starting with "I release" and ending with "for the highest and greatest good". I usually write out the list on the day of the full moon. I'll then go outside, read the list under the full moon (depending on the weather), then also depending on the weather, burn or bury the list. NOTE: Always use fire safety procedures when burning the list. It has been super windy here lately, so I haven't been able to burn my list.
  • Make a list of all of the things you want to manifest into your life. I also make this list in present tense sentence form, starting each sentence with "I AM so grateful for". I do the same thing with this list as I do with the releasing list. 
  • Something else I've recently started is carrying moonstone with me for the day before, of, and after the full moon to enhance the effects of the full moon energy. I also sleep with this moonstone either underneath or beside my pillow each night. I absolutely love the effects I have of moonstone - amazing dreams, some are prophetical, others are just happy dreams. 
  • Before I go to sleep on the night of the full moon, after I've gotten into bed, I say "I now release all that does not serve my highest and greatest good." I do this every month on the full moon only, either the night of the full moon, or the night before the full moon is happening. I've seen so much release from my life by doing this specific release, so I know it works. The main thing I usually release is people that are no longer serving my highest good and just absorbing my time and energy, so they no longer have a need in my life. 
  • During the months when it is warm enough, I also love enjoying sitting outside under the moon in deep meditation with her energies. I don't feel the same energies doing this inside from a window, so I usually only do this when it's warm enough outside to comfortably sit and bask in the rays of the moon.

    Please NOTE: What works for one person may not work for another. These are just suggestions of what I do either for each full moon or on occasion at the full moon, and I'm sharing because I keep getting asked about what I do, so I thought it would be much easier to refer each one who asks to a blog post than rewriting it every time. Please use your intuition on what works for you best. If you have ideas to add that we can share with others, please feel free to comment and share them with me. I'd love to add more ideas to the list for those who want more ideas to choose from.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment